Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in GA, My Admission, The Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmgeiss

I admitted to buying 4 beers. The ticket says in the remarks: "Bought 4 beers without being identified by bartender". This is what I admitted to which is why he wrote it. He asked and I answered the truth. The charge is in Georgia and the ticket says "Possession of alcohol by minor under the age of 21".

I don't have a record and am in college.

I freaked out when he cited me and he said he was giving me a ticket because he wanted to get the bartender. He also said not to worry about the ticket because all I needed to do was call Thomas and Thomas would issue me a license to sell alcohol and I could get out of the ticket that way. My friends all heard this. The officer wrote the number on the ticket but when we called it it wasn't a Thomas. We think it was a bogus number.

Why would he do that? Do you know anything about this license to sell if it's after you get a ticket? Did I ruin myself by admitting the truth? What should I have said? I had just started taking some medication and the beer must have really reacted with the medicine(ADHD medication) because I really felt drunk. I am not a drinker and this is about the 4th time I've even had any at all. I am 19.

I had just gotten into the back seat of the car when he came over and cited me. There were 5 of us and I was the only one that got a citation because I was affected the most I guess. The officer took everyone's license's and only gave me a ticket. I was told by my friends that this bar routinely serves the underage college students and continues to operate. It was the first time I had been there.

Should I get a public defender? Are they as good as paid attorneys? If I have a record I will lose my scholarships and will have to change schools because I am in a private school and can't afford to go there if I lose my money.

Also, can I get a public defender BEFORE trial? Or do I have to wait until I go to court? Who are the people that serve as public defenders? Are they competent or are they lawyers that can't get clients any other way?

If I can get a public defender before court, who would I call to arrange that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back