Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP consumption NOT GUILTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormgeranamo

I recently was handed a citation for Minor of Consumption, in Oregon, I was a passenger in a vehicle with a underage driver without a license who had alcohol in her system, as well as a front seat passenger who was 21 years of age, but was very intoxicated. I however feel like a victim, because I had not had anything to drink, but was very tired and intimidated by an officer who accused me of drinking. It was 2 am at the time and he drilled me with questions like, "how much did you have to drink? Tell me!" I just kept repeating I don't know and then he asked "Did you have a little or a lot?" Now this was a trick question, I replied "I don't know a little I guess?" then asked what I had to drink and I replied, "I don't know, Pink lemonade" then I looked at my friends and said, "maybe vodka." I was also told by the officer to pick up an empty bottle of wine from the floor behind my drunk friends chair. Which I did, the officer then asked for me to open my purse to reveal alcohol, I complied, but of course there was no liquor in my purse. The officer then left me alone, and I was later handed a pink citation. Throughout all this, I had not been breathalysed, nor been asked to perform a sobriety test. Yesterday I attended court and pleaded not guilty but was told I was not allowed a Public Defender, I have trial in one month and was told to bring witnesses, however I found out after court that my witnesses are unable to attend. I want to fight this, but am unsure if I need a lawyer, my brother who's had many run-ins with the law said no, however my friends say the legal system here is corrupt and I need to be represented, what do you think i should do?

You should speak with your parents or guardians, before you do anything.

I'd also plead not guilty.

You have a valid defense.

You did not drink alcohol.

Thank you for your response, and sorry I should have also mentioned that I am nineteen years old.

Almost the same advice.

I'd still tell my parents.

I'd plead not guilty.

My defense would be that I wasn't drinking and had not been drinking.

I'd hire a lawyer, or plead poverty and ask for a public defender.

I'd STOP riding in cars with anyone who has been drinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back