Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP/Consumption Alcohol in another state

Status
Not open for further replies.

kklescewski

I was recently visiting a friend and her family in Greeley, Colorado, and we went to an outside concert. My friends mother bought us each a beer (we will both be 21 in 3 months, and we weren't driving so she thought it would be o.k.). We had just sat down to enjoy the concert when a cop came over and cited each of us. My friend and I each got a 1024061, possesion/consumption of alcohol by a minor, and we were told that we had to appear in court in August.
Since I live in California and am a full-time student with a part-time job (I was only visiting on my vacation for 5 days) I wrote a letter asking if I was able to appear in court in California, or pay a fine, as I was a fulltime working student and didn't have the resources to fly back to Colorado. I received a letter back stating that they had changed my court date in Greeley to September. My questions are:
1. Must I appear in court in Colorado, or is there another way to make restitution?
2. If I don't appear in court on the September date, will it affect my drivers license in California?
Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back