Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP at age 17 in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuyShopSpend

So I was being stupid, and shit went down and I got an MIP. Like I said, I'm 17 and I live in Oregon. This is the first offense. The main thing I'm worried about is the license suspension. From what I've read, there is the potential for them to suspend my license for a year. This seems a bit ridiculous, but that's another deal. How likely is it that they will actually suspend it? And is there anything I can do, classes I can take to avoid this? Also, I don't know if it counts for anything, but the cops did NOT receive permission to enter either the house that the party was at, or my house when he brought me home. Also, on the way to my house the cop was going 60 in a 35 zone, no lights or anything. When I asked him about it, he said in not so few words that he was above the speed limit. Are either of these things going to help my case, or do they not matter?

The other thing I'm worried about is I'm currently in the Delayed Entry Program for the Navy. An MIP could get me kicked out. Is there a chance of doing community service or anything to get the charge dropped or something? I'm just hoping for a miracle, thanks.

Inform your parents.

They can help you.

I sort of didn't have a choice to inform my parents. The officer came into my home at 3:30 in the morning and ordered me to go upstairs and get my parents. And they can't help me. They won't help me. If anything is going to be done it'll have to be my doing.

I sort of didn't have a choice to inform my parents. The officer came into my home at 3:30 in the morning and ordered me to go upstairs and get my parents. And they can't help me. They won't help me. If anything is going to be done it'll have to be my doing.

If I were in your BOAT, I'd contact my recruiter.

I'd tell him/her about what happened.

Most recruiters will work with you to solve your problem.

Many recruiters will reach out to the prosecutor and tell them about your military intentions and desires.

They will plead with the prosecutor on your behalf to find a way to solve this to help you, not hurt you.

So, if your parents are unwilling to help, try the recruiter.

Be polite, courteous, and ask for help.

Tell the truth about what went down, and try not to make yourself LOOK innocent like you did here.

This is about what you did, not the cop, your parents or anyone else.

Accept responsibility for your actions and poor choices and beg for forgiveness.

Then, be smart and don't do this kind of crap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back