Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Minor Possession- IU

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvhuber

Hi. I was wondering if someone could just help me out a little, actually help my boyfriend out. He was hanging out at a football tailgate at the beginning of September. He was waiting for his friends to come out from the football game and he was sitting on a cooler. He said that these guys walked up to him and kind of stood in front of him like they wanted to say something. He looked at them and just casually asked if they wanted one of his friend's beer from the cooler he was sitting on because they wanted to get rid of them before they drove home from the tailgate. One of the guys was like "yeah, we'll take a beer" then when my boyfriend reached into the cooler and handed them a beer they were like "oh, fyi we are excise". My boyfriend received a ticket citing underage possession. The excise police didn't breathalyze him or anything. They wrote "possession of a 12oz. can of coors light" even though it was closed. My boyfriend understands that he was a minor in possession of the beer, but he doesn't understand what he can do in court to ease the fine or whatever may happen. Approximately 10 days after he was cited, he celebrated his "21st" birthday. We just wanted to know what the best thing would be for him to do. His court date is next week. Also, will having the Class C misdemeanor, I think that's what it is, on his record cripple his chances of graduate school, particularly education? Thank you for all of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back