Consumer Law, Warranties Minor Needs Help- getting out of Military enlistment contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmart

I am trying to find help for a 17 y.o. male who is trying to get out of a military contract. His father/mother signed contract stating that this child could sign contracts on his own behalf. His father was not present with him when he was with his recruitor. The recruitor cohersed the child into stating false information on his contract such as: "if it were me, I would check No I have not ever been to an emergency room for an injury....". This child in fact had a broken ankle and has problems on occassion with it. The recruitor also gave the minor false information as to deadlines of the "bonus" he would receive. The minor had wanted to go home and think about it but the recruitor pursuaded him with false information to have him sign the contract then. During this time, the minor has attempted to try to get himself out of the contract due to the misrepresentation of enlisting and has not had any help or success. The minor has only been to "boot camp" twice - he wont be 18 until May.

**Does this minor have any legal rights to void this contract?
**What if any steps can this minor take to void this contract?

Please help answer this as no one else is helping him find the answers. He feels he will be fined for lying on his contract when in fact the recruitor encouraged him to do so. He is afraid no one will believe a minor as opposed to the "recruitor".

i actually encountered this this past year at ft. sill. you can request to see the 1st seargent and leave according to being "unfit for the army". a recruit had left using this information. they of course will not tell you that that is an option, but if you are not fit for the military, you are not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back