Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Minor in Possesion Alcohol and Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

lforry

My jurisdiction is: California

I was in a car that was pulled over for having too many people in it (one extra). Officer claimed the car smelled of alcohol and questioned the driver's sobriety. He then asked all of our ages (Three guys over 18 and three 17 year old girls) and after asked us to get out of the car and sit on the curb.

Driver was breathalyed and blew a .00. The car was searched and officer found bag that I said was mine. It had six beers that I had been holding for the other people in the car. The officer asked everyone if they had been drinking and everyone said yes, other than the driver. The cop continued to search the car and found a small jar with "less than 1oz of weed", more like a pinch. This also happened to be my jar, with weed paid for by me as well as another girl.

I was the only one charged: minor in possesion of alcohol (25662 Br P?) and less than 1oz of marijuana (11357b).

My record is clean, is there any way I can get out of this one?
Any tips for court being I have yet to experience it?
The box for "Booking Required" is checked. What does this mean?
:angel

Driver was breathalyed and blew a .00. The car was searched and officer found bag that I said was mine. It had six beers that I had been holding for the other people in the car. The officer asked everyone if they had been drinking and everyone said yes, other than the driver. The cop continued to search the car and found a small jar with "less than 1oz of weed", more like a pinch. This also happened to be my jar, with weed paid for by me as well as another girl.
Ouch. You get to take a couple of minor hits on this one. And apparently not the kid of "hits" you usually like.

I was the only one charged: minor in possesion of alcohol (25662 Br P?) and less than 1oz of marijuana (11357b).
B&P 25662 and H&S 11357(b).

My record is clean, is there any way I can get out of this one?
Out? How?

You will probably get a chance at diversion, but you will still have to pay a fine and may get probation and/or drug and alcohol counseling. A lot depends on your county and the available options there.

Any tips for court being I have yet to experience it?
Be polite and dress properly. And it is always best to at least consult with an attorney first.

The box for "Booking Required" is checked. What does this mean?
This means that you will be required to appear at the jail or at a designated location to get fingerprinted and photographed prior to appearing before the court. You may be notified of this beforehand, or told to go to the sheriff's department when you arrive at court. The practice varies by county.

- carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back