Minor Dating 18 Year Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newyork23

I Am 15 And My Boyfriend Is Turning 18 In A Couple Days. Does this mean we have to break up? My parents consent out relationship, they say we can be together. But legally can he get introuble?

If someone wants to make an issue of it then yes.

But I'll bet my last red cent that once the police come a-knocking, your parents will sing a different story.

Seriously kid - if this is "true lurve", he can wait a few years until you're legal.

And you're mature enough to agree with me, right?

If dating means nothing more than holding hands and going places together before curfew and WITH your parents' permission, then it's legal ... even if unwise.

I like to think of it like this...

Don't do anything you wouldn't also do with your grandparent.

If you really care for him, you might want to break it up (for now anyway). Sometimes people report things (true or not) & it's possible your boyfriend could get in trouble for what someone reports. He's turning 18 & you're a minor (never really a good idea even if what you do is legal)

Why should you worry? You're going to date him (yeah, and keep doing the NAUGHTY, NASTY, BOOT KNOCKING STUFF you been doing) whatever we say. Besides, we're just bums on the 'net. You think some COP in your town, or a judge in your county will care that them cool Internet dudes said we could date, even go to 3rd base, just never touch home?

Sheesh, how many times will you sex crazed freaks ask the same question?

No one cares, or will even take notice of either of you sitting on a park bench, walking through a park, watching birds, cutting the grass in mom's yard, reading War and Peace, studying in the library, going to church, swimming in a public pool, chatting with your parents; and if that's ALL you were doing, wanted to do, you wouldn't be asking if you could date, would you?

Go ask mommy and daddy, we have no authority to tell you to do anything or not!

Last edited:
You do make a brilliant point, AJ! People generally don't ask when they're on the up and up.

(No pun intended - truly)

You do make a brilliant point, AJ! People generally don't ask when they're on the up and up.

(No pun intended - truly)

Yes, no one ever says we pray in synagogue, church, temple, or mosque together, is it okay for a 12 year old to pray with a 19 year old?

They never say, we volunteer at a homeless shelter or a hospice to clean up, or visit seniors at a senior day care center, is that okay?

Plus, they always say, we're so pure, Jesus touches us to cleanse himself.

Sheesh, I was a father, and long before that, a kid.

Like my beloved father was wont to say, "There's nothing you're thinking about or doing, that I've never thought about or done."

I Am 15 And My Boyfriend Is Turning 18 In A Couple Days. Does this mean we have to break up? My parents consent out relationship, they say we can be together. But legally can he get introuble?

He could get in trouble without being 18! There are no laws that restrict or define "dating" its when sex or sexual contact (does not have to be physical) happens that the law applies. Your parents cannot consent to illegal acts so that wont matter. You two are playing a VERY dangerous game with his future! It is in his best interest to end the relationship until you are age of consent! If what you have is real then you can pick up where you left off at that time. If its not then you will know before things go too far

The law does not give two hoots what you do or with whom as long as it is (a) legal (b) approved by your parents and (c) non-sexual.

When you get to (c), don't do anything that you wouldn't do in the front pew of the church on Christmas morning with your parents sitting in the pew behind, and you'll be fine.

The problem is he is almost 18 & she is a minor. Even if what they do is non-sexual & legal if someone reports what they believe to be sexual (or lies about what they saw), he "might"/could still get in trouble. It happens. They really should discontinue this relationship at this time. It's never a great idea for an adult to date a minor no matter what they do/don't do.

Many times these young loves don't understand there is much more to their limits than just physical sexual contact. Groping, fondling, dry humping, sexual text, emails, exchange of nude or partially nude photos, sexually themed calls to name a few are all equally unlawful. As most (if not all of us) have stated its in everyone's best interest to end the relationship until both parties are the legal age of consent.

She is only 15 - 3 more years until she is an adult. It makes you wonder what might develop between them during that time.

She is only 15 - 3 more years until she is an adult. It makes you wonder what might develop between them during that time.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, let me guess. He'll find another child to groom and cultivate to satiate his perverted desires. In fact, bet she's not the only child he's taking to church ice cream socials now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back