Criminal Attorneys, Public Defenders Minor assault due to sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Kim

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi

I was reported to police due to minor assault. (24/03/2017)

I was at a pub with bunch of friend and one of them (which I do not know well) sexually harassed (verbally) me and my girlfriend, where we both have traumatic memories regarding those kind of talks). So I got so angry and chocked him for literally 3 seconds, and he had few minor marks (red lines) which would disappear in a day or two.
He claimed at the police that I have issues with my temper and I must be regarded as a mentally disabled man who needs a care. Additionally, he claimed some lies like he has been almost killed, and his neck still hurts and so on. However, the witnesses have told the police that what he claimed were lies, and explained what happened in the incident. I had a detention in a prison for 6 hours, and now i will need to go to a court in a month.
Will i be decided guilty / fined or anything like that?
I do feel sorry to him that I responded physically, but I really do think that I was a fair thing as he sexually insulted me and my girlfriend.

This website discusses the laws of the USA and its states and territories.
You need to locate a website that discusses the laws of the UK, or visit one the many solicitors in the UK near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back