Minor accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

dboy

I was in a minor accident a few weeks ago. No damage or injuries to myself or my car. The other person's bumper was dented and turn signal cracked. While I did run into her from behind, she turned into my lane at an intersection and I could not avoid her. I called 911 to report the accident and they said if no one was injured and no cars needed to be towed, they didn't have to come out and for us to exchange information. We did and left.

The next morning I called my insurance company to report the accident. The person I hit called me after the insurance company called her and said she wanted to keep it between us and not involve insurance. I told her I was more comfortable going through insurance and we left it at that. I gave my statement to the adjustor and, later, was told the person I hit was giving a completely different story. There were no witnesses and she was even disputing the location of the accident.

So yesterday I talked to the adjustor and they said it looks like she was in the wrong and they were going to deny her claim on my insurance. They said the damage was minimal, maybe $500-1000. After that, she has two options: she can file under her collision insurance or file suit. My question is if she decides to file suit, is it against me or the insurance company? The adjustor said the insurance company would supply legal representation and pay for it. I'm just worried she'll come after my personal assests instead of the insurance company. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back