military

Are you in the US? I presume you have a dishonorable discharge and are asking about being able to use VA facilities?

Does have US IP address. Generally if you received a dishonorable discharge, all veteran benefits are lost.

I am desertion status can I still go to a mental health facility?

Are you a deserter?
If so, if you ever get arrested, or turn yourself in to the nearest law enforcement agency (or military base), you'll usually be allowed to ander around the base, if you promise to behave and hang around to be chaptered out of the service.
While the administrative process occurs, you'll be paid full pay and benefits, issued new clothing (if you were enlisted), and given minor tasks to perform.
If you are allowed to ander about teh base, you will receive full health care, including whatever mental health services you require.

If you turn yourself into civilian law enforcement, you'll end up in a county jail with a military hold.
The best thing to do is simply turn yourself into any military facility (no, not a recruiter's office), an air force base, navy base, marine corps base, army base, or coast guard base.
That way, you'll medical care, and be allowed to remain free, as long as you promise not to run again; until your paperwork is ready for you to be discharged.
It usually takes three to nine months, just depends on many things.

Back