military divorce??? heres an answer to adultery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILOVEMYGSM

So yeah i had posted about the adultery thing, then looked it up on the uscj site...i thought i had still saved the ucmj aritcle on adultery, but i guess not...however its in the ucmj under article 134 paragraph 62, or 64...that the military rarely charges anyone with adultery, normally it coincides with something like rape, or other charges normally exist as well. it also says that to correctly establish this crime, the Command(or whoever), must take the following into consideration(theres more on military.com, theres news articles and such, i'll post the ucmj site later)
1:Suspects marital status; legally seperated(most courts call it this when the papers are filed, but no judgement has been made)
2:The suspects "lover"'s marital status as well

also, who the suspect was sleeping with, was it a CO's wife, was it fraternization, rape? theres actually an article where a Ssgt i believe actually murdered a girl, and during that trial he also faced adultery charges...so heres some of the things they have to prove
1:pictures, oral or written communication STATING there was/is a SEXUAL relationship
in 1 of the articles in the news, it was even stated that even though its military, sleeping at a member of the opposite sex's home, or even sleeping in the SAME BED does not ALWAYS constitute adultery....

so for all you ladies and men who are seeking a military divorce due to adultery, remember these things....you have to PROVE THEM. i've learned with my own husband, whose command ignored my pleas of his adulterous behavior, that you need to be careful...some commands DO NOR CARE ABOUT YOU, the spouse. in fact, in the case of my husbands command, it seems they just don't want the hassle...yes as i have stated, i am engaged to a sailor, yet divorcing a marine...now, my fiance and i keep our thing underwraps...ie;his family knows, mine does, and our CLOSEST friends, in other words, people who cannot jeopardize his career...
however my husband takes his fiance to the unit family days, command outings, EVERYWHERE....he even proposed to her when he got off the bus from his MEU/Iraq tour...in FRONT OF HIS SSGT!!!
yes i am with someone, but during those times i WAS NOT. and they were not worried about it at all!!!

my husbands g/f would pick him up off the ship while they were in port down is San Diego, after i dropped him at like 6 or 7 b/c he said "i have a curfew all week", and they would watch him leave, knowing i had just dropped him off MOMENTS earlier...

be careful what you wish for...as i said, when i find my references i will post them...theres also a page that is a "guideline" for support...and by the way...when it comes to spousal support, THERE ARE WAYS OUR SERVICEMEMBERS CAN PROVE THEY DONT HAVE TO GIVE YOU ANYTHING!!!

So a heads up to the ladies....and the men......i hope this(even though i'm no lawyer!) helps a few people out...if you need more information, or heck if you even want some research done, email me...
cwgrlup69cwbydn@msn.com

About.Com

The difference in your case and your soon to be exhusbands is that your fiance's wif e complained to the commmand and told them he was committing adultry and you did not tell your soon to be exhusband's command the same thing. One place that has a lot of military information is:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navyjoin/l/aanavybasic1.htm
I had it on a Navy page but click home and it has all the military issues. Do a search and yopu can find out about adultry and any other topics you would like. A really good sight for military information. Some of the information I posted earlier to you, came from the fact my husband was an Army First Sergeant and did 26 years, plus I was in the military for 4 years my self.

I hope things work out for you...good luck! :D

About.Com

The difference in your case and your soon to be exhusbands is that your fiance's wif e complained to the commmand and told them he was committing adultry and you did not tell your soon to be exhusband's command the same thing. One place that has a lot of military information is:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navyjoin/l/aanavybasic1.htm
I had it on a Navy page but click home and it has all the military issues. Do a search and you can find out about adultry and any other topics you would like. A really good site for military information. Some of the information I posted earlier to you, came from the fact my husband was an Army First Sergeant and did 26 years, plus I was in the military for 4 years my self.

I hope things work out for you...good luck! :D

actually yes i did

i did complain when i was SINGLE that he was flaunting her in front of the command AT the command, and they did not care...if i call for anything(we still talk kind of)his LT will call me back asking "what the hell do you want with my marine, now?" even if it has nothing to do with our divorce...the information i got is from the ucmj site...and i stated the article...ucmj is military wide, not directed at 1 specific branch...

The site I mentioned (http://usmilitary.about.com) isn't only the branch I had copied the url from; it has information on ALL the branches. You just have to click on which branch you want. Go to the home page for that or use their site search engine to type in a topic. It has really good information on a lot of topics related to the military. I had it on the Navy one as I was researching something for a friend whose son joined the Navy.

The LT has a boss and he shouldn't be talking to you that way, EVER! Tell him you don't appreciate his talking to you in that manner then, talk to his commander, or better yet, put it in writing and send it return receipt. If he gives you the same attitude, keep going up the chain of command, sending letters return receipt along the way for documentation, even it has to go all the way to the top! Enclose copies of each letter the farther up you go and request they respond in writing for your further documentation. If they won't respond in writing or not at all document that yourself, stating so in future letters. If they call you summarize what they have said in your future letters, as documentation. Sometimes military officers think they have rights to do and say anything because of their rank and position, however they should always be respectful, soon to be ex or not.

Keep the forum posted as to what you do and how it worked out as a way to help other people in similar situations. :p

oh i dont even bother

calling out there anymore. our divorce is almost final, so i have no intention or need to call there now...the reason i posted all that, isnt for me...it was for all the girls(yes girls)who are married to MIL guys, then after 2 mos-2yrs of marriage think they are ENTITLED to something...it was a way of putting a lil sense in their heads that in all honesty, other than CS, they themselves really won't be getting anything...i think the last thing these guys need on their minds is how broke they'll be b/c they're wives think they can break the bank in a divorce just b/c its a military spouse thing, you know?

i'm sick to death of that boy's club called the U.S. military

I'm divorcing my military husband at he moment. Basically, the marriage was a sham. He was getting the BAH for the first 5 months of our marriage and blowing it all in Germany. He REFUSED to take me with him to Germany. He said, Wah, wah,"I hate it here, and if you go, I'll have to be here another year." So, I stayed, and then 2 months later, I told him that I wanted to go over there NOW. He screamed at me and told me that he was not going to get me command sponsership. Well, of course, we talked nearly every day while he was over there. then he would say things that would make me suspicous. After 6 months of this, I finally got into his email. I found out the truth. He was trying to get with another woman over there. Then a few months later, he gave up on her. Meet another woman and comitted adultery. By the way, they forgot to read him rights, so he got off. Then a month after that, he started seeing a another woman and proposed marriage to her while he was still married to me. In fact, two days before he proposed to her, he called me, told me he loved me, and wanted to stay married. I got into his email and found all of this out.

I contacted everyone over in Germany, the chaplain, the CO, the BC, and trust me, they don't care about the wife. The let him get away with murder and then promote him.

Also, it is very likely that he gave me genital herpes. If anyone would like to discuss the frequency of hiv/std testing on soldiers, then contact me please. My husband has basically lied about being tested every 6 months for everything, including herpes. Gee.....think he's trying to hide something??????

Denise999

I don't know if they test for STDs every six months or not, however, herpes, as far as I know, cannot be tested for with a blood test. They have to take a scrapping of the actual outbreak of blisters. Herpes may be spread through mouth to genital contact if the person has a "cold sore" on his or her mouth as well as the traditional way through intercourse. It is doubtful that your husband was tested for herpes unless he requested it. You need to be tested to make sure of the proper diagnosis and need to understand it can be transmitted to a baby through vaginal delivery. You can also spread it to other places on yourself if you are not careful. There are good medications out there you take daily to surpress outbreaks but even if someone doesn't have an "active" lesion, herpes may still be transmitted through the sloughing off of dead skin cells that may contain an active component of the virus. I am sorry for your troubles...please get a proper medical diagnosis and get treatment as soon as posible.

Herpes is not a blood born virus so generally it is not included in any sort of testing. Unless you are actively broke out and they specifically test for it, it often lies dormant.

You should get tested for all STD's now that you know he has cheated, and has given you one STD.

I am not sure how often soldiers are tested for HIV, probably once a year or so when tney have a physical I would imagine.

there is a blood test for it

calalily said:
I don't know if they test for STDs every six months or not, however, herpes, as far as I know, cannot be tested for with a blood test. They have to take a scrapping of the actual outbreak of blisters. Herpes may be spread through mouth to genital contact if the person has a "cold sore" on his or her mouth as well as the traditional way through intercourse. It is doubtful that your husband was tested for herpes unless he requested it. You need to be tested to make sure of the proper diagnosis and need to understand it can be transmitted to a baby through vaginal delivery. You can also spread it to other places on yourself if you are not careful. There are good medications out there you take daily to surpress outbreaks but even if someone doesn't have an "active" lesion, herpes may still be transmitted through the sloughing off of dead skin cells that may contain an active component of the virus. I am sorry for your troubles...please get a proper medical diagnosis and get treatment as soon as posible.

There has been a blood test out to detect both Herpes 1 and 2 for the past several years. That's how mine was found. I have never had an outbreak.

Just curious; if you didn't have an outbreak why the test? Did you decide to get tested for everything because he was cheating? There is no way to know who gave you the herpes or even when you got it. The blood test probably detected antibodies but did the people say which kind you were exposed to (type 1 or 2) for sure? Some people are exposed and never have outbreaks but have antibodies. Did they say you could infect someone else? As an example, I was exposed to hep B and Tuburculosis so test positive for exposure(antibodies in my blood) but I do not have either illness and will never transmit it to anyone. I didn't know about the blood test, sorry. I was only familiar with the active virus outbreak type test, where they actually take a culture from the blister. I hope you are one of the lucky ones and will never have an outbreak, and I hope you only have the antibodies and not the active virus. Let us know the answers to my questions to help others out there.

Let's just say

that I enough info. about the subject that my lawyer is suing for divorce on my behalf for adultery and infecting me with an STD, and he's not an ambulance chaser. He is very well known in my city and has handled very high profile case, and has won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back