Might be sued by ex employer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdrier

I left my employer two weeks a go and he is threatening to sue me. I am a sales rep for a landscape company and work from home. So I E-mail myself file back and fourth for over two years time and work on spreadsheets.. I see account lists and finanicial data everyday. I recieved a new job in the same field, but he is threatening to sue me and my new employer for stolen information. I have recieved a letter to return the data and have deleted all data from my computer. My new employer wants me to wait for me to officially start until it is all sorted out. I found out about this from a third party person that spoke to the general manager of the company. I have not given any new info to my new employer or spread any info anywhere else. I have not signed a non compete with my old employer, but no company information has been shared. Can I be sued for this? The general manager mentiond a theft charge, he liks to scare people though.

I recieved a message and a phone call from the lawyer stating that if we sign a document that there will be no problems in the future with account info, subcontractors that we can work it out and ship court. It has been one day since I have heard from him. He said by late morning he would have somthing for me. It is pretty commomn in the landscape busness that an ex employer threatenings a lawsuit. Once again I have not a non compete with him. Just a document stating what my pay and commishins would be. At this point I am out 6 to 7 Grand in commishings. Any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back