Michigan - tinted tail lights and a slightly tinted cover over license plate ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telle33

On July 4th, I received a ticket on 696 in Royal Oak, MI from a state trooper because my tail lights are tinted (yet when I brake and when the lights are on, are still very visible) and he also gave me a ticket for having a slightly tinted license plate cover over my license. I'm trying to find out what exactly the Michigan law states about these subjects because I'm going to fight this ticket and want to be prepared. Thanks to anyone who can give me any information.

Michigan permits only red taillights.

You can have additional lights, namely yellow, to indicate turns or as hazard lights. Any other colors are prohibited. Michigan state troopers are extremely well versed in the vehicle code, they rarely get it wrong. I doubt you find a way to beat this, other than fix the lights. I'm not sure if traffic school is allowed for these types of tickets. That may be your only way out of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your citation should state the statute that was violated. Google that (Michigan state statute 123.456) and you should be able to see the statute and what it states. I would say that you will find Army Judge to be correct on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back