Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Meth and DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRATLIFF

I received a (Pending DUI pending Urine drug test). I didnt get arrested in fact after the drug test the arresting officer drove me home. this was July 14 2008. The probable cause reason was Erratic Behavior. Two months went by I didnt here nothing. So I went to the court house in front of the clerk on Sept. 15 2008 which was the date to appear on citation. I read myself my rights and plead not quilty and the clerk set me a pretrial date for the 28 of October 2008. Then I noticed on the states website for this case they got the drug test results on the day after I plead not guilty in which came back positive. My question is I am on an anidepresant from my doctor for anxiety panic disorder I ve been taking it about seventeen years now so I know how it will effect my driving and the meaning of anxiety is similar to the meaning of erratic behavior. I got pulled over for not using my turn signal. So no erratic driving was involved. Plus I dont have a bad criminal record so Im guessing thats why I was very nervous especially preforming the sobriety tests. Do you having advice in my defense? Thank you.

Are you saying that you failed some/all of the sobriety test? That's very important for your defense.

Are you on a benzo for anxiety? Why does the title of your post say "METH" and DUI? Benzos show up as benzos, METH can show up with Sudafed and such. . .

Your case is complicated, you need to get a lawyer, or do a lot of research on your own. Your case is the kind where people would want expert witnesses, etc.

Im sorry about not being clear enough. I am on the drug impraimine for anxiety. The officer told me I failed all the sobriety tests. The DUI was for Driving under the influence of Meth. I took a urine drug test. I was told that a urine test only shows what has been in my system as if I did the drug a week before getting pulled that doesnt make my driving impaired five days later. I was not speeding swerving or any thing He said I was erratic behaving which is basically my behavior on a daily basis. Plus being pulled over doing sobriety test, hand cuffed put into police car I was very nervous actually I was scared to death.

I understand, and I appreciate your anxiety. Everyone should be scared in such cases, or else there is something wrong with them! People under high stress, under no alcohol or drugs, frequently will fail the field sobriety tests!

THe drugs you have taken will likely require an expert to extrapolate them, to try to determine what amount you were on at the time of arrest. This is an in-exact science!

If you can afford one, getting a GOOD lawyer, not just a lawyer, but a GOOD lawyer who SPECIALIZES in Drunk Driving/Drug Driving defense will save you countless dollars and heartaches down the road. Take out loans, etc., whatever you can to get a proper defense. In the end, for every dollar you spend now, you'll likely be saving money long term!

Good LUck to You!

I looked up impraimine, I don't think it will show a false positive for METH or any benzo. From what I read, it's primarily used as an anti-depressant.

For anxiety, most people are on benzos. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back