K Visa Met fiancee living in Taiwan. Want to come back to US together

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyGuy36

Jurisdiction
Asia
Hi all

I moved to Taiwan, met my girlfriend, and have been together for almost a year. We're looking to moving to the States together towards the end of 2019.

I know there's a three step process to bring her back and living together that takes around a year, but we're hoping to reduce long distance relationship time as much as possible, ideally none. Aside from her getting a work or student visa, what are the options for us to stay together physically while we wait for the marriage visa / green card process? Can we start the process while in Taiwan? Or take a vacation in the States to get the process started and then wait in Taiwan?

Thanks all

She can apply for a potential visa at the US Embassy on Taiwan.

The fact that you aren't married, that you're dating, has nothing to do with her potential immigration to the US.

She can apply for a potential visa at the US Embassy on Taiwan.

The fact that you aren't married, that you're dating, has nothing to do with her potential immigration to the US.

We're wondering if we should also get married here or there first, whichever is better.

Also what's the name of the potential visa?

Thanks for the response so far

We're wondering if we should also get married here or there first, whichever is better.

Also what's the name of the potential visa?

Thanks for the response so far

Marrying her won't significantly improve her chances of immigrating to the US.

It will, however, tie you to her for DECADES even if the marriage were to end in divorce should you get involved in sponsoring her immigration.

You and She might wish to discuss this with an immigration lawyer.

Providing you with various visa names won't improve her chances of obtaining one.

I've posted here hoping someone with experience could give any advice for eliminating separation while waiting for immigration/residency to the US.

If any member does, please let me know, thanks again

Someone might look for old threads with similar problems. That's why I looked at this forum in the first place. Anyway, I'm done, only reason I even bothered to come back was to correct something in another thread you complained about.

The tone of this forum is really unfriendly. Not just you, but in general. Oh well. Bye.

The written word has no tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back