Messy Child Visitation Situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mothers2gether

Hi, G. here. I have a major problem I am facing and desperately need some advice, help, and guidance as I face this.

I have a 6 year-old daughter who I have custody of. Her father currently has supervised visits. When our daughter was 9 months old he shook her and tossed her to the floor, shattering her right arm. When asked why he did this, he claimed, "Satan made me do it."

He also signed affidavits stating that he did in fact do these things to her and stuck with this story throughout the entire trial, where all but one charge were acquited and the other was never decided upon. During this time, there was also a stalking (restraining?) order against him to stay away from my mother, our daughter, and myself.

He has been off and on with the court ordered child support, threatening to stop sending it when our daughter gets sick or there is a death in the family and I ask if we can reschedule. I've tried everything to work with him. I had to leave my grandmother's funeral because he refused to work with me. He is currently 3 weeks behind in support.

He got married this weekend and today, 7/2/08, I am served with papers to alter visitations, which I am more than uncomfortable with. He hurt other girls in as well but since there is no proof other than what he said to me and what he has done to our daughter and myself, I cannot prove it. Also, he has threatened myself and my fiancee (we've been engaged 3 years), even going as far as to copy my fiancee's license plate.

On top of all this, he started the papers in Feb. this year and signed them last week, along with his fiancee at teh time, listing her as his wife BEFORE the wedding. No, they were not married at the time. There are list of things going on here:

1. He isn't supposed to have my address but provided to the lawyer he filed through. How did he get it?
2. He wroted my name wrong. He filed against someone with a different first and last name. Can he do that?
3. He is now retracting his statement from the court case, swearing he NEVER hurt our daughter... so what does this mean about the previous statements and proof of what he has done to our baby?
4. I was scheduled to be married this November but now feel as if the best way to protect our family, we need to go ahead and get married. He even admitted to me that he married her to get unsupervised visits.

He also listed his new wife as her mother. He lied on several sections of the paperwork. What should I do? Should I still take her to the visit this weekend or should I go ahead and tell him I will file a complaint against him until he tells me how he got my address? (I think he either followed me or investigated me).

I am so worried and confused. Please help!
G.

1. He isn't supposed to have my address but provided to the lawyer he filed through. How did he get it?
We dont know how you got it but its not a difficult process. With very little info I coud likely tell you where you live or very close
2. He wroted my name wrong. He filed against someone with a different first and last name. Can he do that?
Ask your Attorney but I doubt it will be an issue
3. He is now retracting his statement from the court case, swearing he NEVER hurt our daughter... so what does this mean about the previous statements and proof of what he has done to our baby?
It means either then or now he lied in court.
4. I was scheduled to be married this November but now feel as if the best way to protect our family, we need to go ahead and get married. He even admitted to me that he married her to get unsupervised visits.
So?

He can make whatever arguements he wants and you can counter with yours. His past statements will paint him a liar since one of the version hes telling is a lie. Talk to your Attorney plan your arguements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back