Messed up law

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac815

Hi im on probation righy not for.grand theft auto i was drunk and.blacked out and i woke up in a stolen truck.that hit.a.house when i wokr up i was the only one in the truxk.but i know i didnt steal it its a five speed and i cant drive a stick.but i confrssed to.it because i thought i did steal so im facin 20 yers for everything and its all ny first offense a kid i wad with that nighy addmited o the cops he stole te truck and wrecked it and they bought him a bus ticket out of state what can i do to convince them to arresy him for it to

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking about that and also they didnt investigate at all i was thinkin about what they would have found if they would have taken dna from the truck i know no matter.what i would still be in trouble for it.but atleast it would prove i didnt steal it

I plead no contest

Pleading NO CONTEST is the same as pleading GUILTY.

You cooked your own goose, my friend.

When a defendant pleads "nolo contedre" or "no contest" to any charge, it is not an admission of guilt.

The plea will be treated as an admission of GUILT.

Based upon such a plea, the judge after properly admonishing the defendant in open court will find him or her guilty as charged.

There is still a way out for you, OP.

When the judge proceeds to admonish you in open court, you say you didn't understand the "no contest plea", now you do, and you wish to plead NOT GUILTY.

Then shut up, stay calm, ask for a jury trial.

You definitely need to get yourself an attorney as soon as possible as noted by Proserpina. You should have not made any plea before talking to an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back