Memorial hospital accounts

Nanaof6

I am currently paying $100.00/month on an account at our memorial hospital. Recently, my husband and I each had surgeries, and I asked to have all of our accounts combined, and I would continue with my monthly payments. I was told that could not be done. They could combine the new accounts, and I would have to pay $275.00/month on that account, and I would have to increase my payment on the old account. My question is, can they legally tell me how much I must past each month?

I am currently paying $100.00/month on an account at our memorial hospital. Recently, my husband and I each had surgeries, and I asked to have all of our accounts combined, and I would continue with my monthly payments. I was told that could not be done. They could combine the new accounts, and I would have to pay $275.00/month on that account, and I would have to increase my payment on the old account. My question is, can they legally tell me how much I must past each month?

Of course the one who extends credit to you can also tell you how much you must pay.
What if the creditor demanded you pay it all within 30 days?
The sword cuts two ways.
You can't be forced to pay, even if you're rich.
Well, if you're rich, you'll get sued and your stuff would be levied against to pay the debt.

If you're not rich, you can still be sued, your stuff might get snatched, or a lien placed against your home.

If the debt is crushing you, and you can't say $375/month, then you might wish to look into filing bankruptcy.
These days, medical debt destroys good people, if the medical procedures don't kill them. LOL

If you're a senior on a fixed income or social security, don't worry too much about paying what you just can't afford.

I'd investigate filing bankruptcy by meeting with two or three local bankrptcy attorneys.

The good news is that in our Republic of Texas, it tends to be very debtor friendly.

Last edited:
My question is, can they legally tell me how much I must past each month?

The answer is yes they can since you do owe them the money.

If you can't afford to pay the debt, bankruptcy is a possible option as suggested.

Back