Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick838

I'm not sure if she has a case or not, but I am asking this question for a friend. She recently had a baby and before she went in for her c-section, she was given an epidural. The doctor put the epidural in wrong, tried again, and it was in wrong again. She said she was in an excruciating amount of pain and nobody did anything about it. Then, as she was on the operating table, they did more than 8 more attempts at an epidural. Could this be considered patient abuse? I delivered at the same hospital and had a similar experience, except I had 27 epidural attempts and a different anasthesiologist. This seems to be normal for this hospital and it seems like patient.
Also, she told me that the doctor had her husband and her mom opening sterilized equipment w/out gloves, they cut her toe open on a hospital bed (we have pictures) and they were very rude. They also forgot to give her insulin on time! Does she have a case anywhere? Could she sue for any of this?

Christina
PS: she has had back problems that have required physical therapy and undoubtedly irreversible nerve damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back