medical injury vs pain toleranc

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparker

To start I am a busdriver, while in my parked vehicle, I was hit by another bus-thus workman's comp claim happened 3-2-07. Filed injury report immediately- was not knocked down to floor, more jostled, within 3 days severe pain in back went to panel doc 3-5 put on muscle relaxer & ibuprophen, follow up 3-9 referred to choice of chiropractor or PT, chose PT w/diagnosis thorasic lumbar sprain. Follow up to panel doc 3-19 suggested no driving but to be aide- rode for 2+ hrs and could barely walk, spent most of PT that night getting muscles massaged to reduce spasms, had MRI 3-20 report reads L4-5 demonstrates dgenerative bulging of the disc and spondylitic ridging with subtle flattening of ventral margin f the thecal sac and a small element f bilateral symmetrical neural foraminal narrowing no herniation. In short no spinal damage, went back to diff doc same occupational health center advised report back to full duty (driving) as will not put me in danger of damaging my spine, and the pain I have and ablility to drive is based on my own tolerance level, maintained to continue PT 3 wks 3x/wk, ice after work and home excercises from PT. Until this accident I never had any back issues, went to my own doc willing to pay out of pocket(fortunately didn't charge for visit $68) he agreed w/treatment as of 3-20, except since this is mainly muscle related not to return to driving until spasms settle instead of aggrevating, PT concurs. So I have to go back to driving this afternoon- anticipating same result of riding 3-19, panel doc said unless I have numbing of leg, or something way more severe for the most part grin and bear it re:work comp. Final question is if I don't feel up to driving but WC doc doesn't agree and I call off, am I putting my job in jeopardy, and my abillity to perform my home job of mother of 4 kids severly compromised since injury occurred-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back