Medical Device Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhl66pens

In 2007, my wife had an IUD inserted and we were charged $350. We paid it using our Health Fund Account with Wage Works. The company then turned around and refunded the $350 to Wage Works claiming that the insurance company said they would cover it. Now, they are threatening to turn this over to a collection agency because we said we already paid it and it is not our fault that they returned the money. Of course, the way the Health Fund Account works, we lost that $350 because they return all unused money to the company, and we can't use this year's Health Fund because the bill is from 2007. Do we have any protection in this scenario?

Thank you

I would contact your sate attorney general's office on this one. I would say they are out of luck since they refunded the money before they verified payments from the insurance company, but being a medical situation you may still be responsible for payment, being similar to if your doctor's office undercharged you, then charged for it later, you are responsible. But I would follow up with the AG anyway, as that may not be the case. It would kind of depend on the forms you signed with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back