Medical bill sent to Collections without notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

csanchez70

My jurisdiction is: Nevada

My wife recently received a collections notice from a medical bill from about two years ago. We never received any notices from the medical office that she owed money, just the collection notice.

The collection account has already showed up on one of her credit reports. We are a few months away from buying a house and this might hinder the loan process. Any advice as to what we should do about the collection bill? Should we just pay it or is there a way to get it off her credit report.

Is it legal for the medical office to send it to collections without ever calling us, they had her phone number and we would have paid the bill had we known about it, she paid her copays at the time of her visits.

Thanks for the help.

If you do in fact owe the money, then yes, you need to pay it. As far as the home loan goes, I wouldn't worry about that too much, especially if this is your only negative. When you sit down with the loan officer, they will go over your credit with you. Just explain the situation that you were unaware of any other money due on the medical bill until you got the collections notice out of the blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back