Mcdonalds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedbirdd

My Fiance, our son and myself visited a local Mcdonalds today. We pulled into a parking spot to eat. We gave our 22 month old son a chicken nugget to eat. A few moments later he started coughing and he coughed out a small brownish bone that had evidently been inside the nugget. It's clearly part of a chicken bone. Although my son did not require medical attention we are very upset that the bone could have lodged in his throat. I have emailed Mcdonalds corporate office about it and am waiting to see if they reply. What should I do about this? We're wondering if there are any more of these bones waiting to possibly choke someone's child.

While that's a nifty offer, you've shown you have their attention, or they wouldn't have offered anything.

Email 'em back, and tell 'em you don't want their chicken-smelling money, and you'd rather contact that local newspaper, and maybe do an investigation into how many other people could be at risk for bones, in a frickin' chicken nugget!

Hey... you haven't lost anything yet, and I think it's a complaint worth checking out, not just the first person u talk to offering you money to shut up an forget about it...

What's funny is that McDonalds just started this huge ad campaign about how their "new nuggets" are "pure white meat" now.

White meat...and tiny little bones I guess...

The money is a nice gesture, since you'll likely spend much more than that if you file a complaint and proceed to litigation. I would write another letter, saying how the money offered is insufficient to compensate you for the incident and/or that you want to know how they plan to prevent knowing exposing customers to such a risk. It doens't hurt to ask for more, or have your complaint on record in case it happens to someone else.

Good luck...and next time, try Wendy's! :p

I'd say you did very well with a $250 check. These things happen and I cannot say it wouldn't happen at Wendy's or any other chain or even privately owned restaurant. Until chickens grow without bones these issues can arise!

Originally posted by littlelaw
What's funny is that McDonalds just started this huge ad campaign about how their "new nuggets" are "pure white meat" now.

White meat...and tiny little bones I guess...

The money is a nice gesture, since you'll likely spend much more than that if you file a complaint and proceed to litigation. I would write another letter, saying how the money offered is insufficient to compensate you for the incident and/or that you want to know how they plan to prevent knowing exposing customers to such a risk. It doens't hurt to ask for more, or have your complaint on record in case it happens to someone else.

Good luck...and next time, try Wendy's! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back