MC-200

Mmurf

Jurisdiction
California
The police confiscated the rent money that my contractor had picked up from my tenant. I have TONS of proof it's mine and was obtained legally. Literally, zero doubt it's legit. I need the money soon to avoid foreclosure.

I'm filling out the MC-200 to get my money back and was wondering what forms I can attach to present my evidence to the DA so I can expedite the process? Or if there is any form I can attach to ask a judge or the DA to hurry the process along due to hardship? since I can loose my house because of their obvious mistake.

The police confiscated the rent money that my contractor had picked up from my tenant.

Why did the police do that? What were the circumstances? Was the contractor arrested? Was the tenant arrested?

Was the money in cash?

Answer those questions and we'll discuss further.

I'm filling out the MC-200 to get my money back and was wondering what forms I can attach to present my evidence to the DA so I can expedite the process?

Forms don't expedite legal matters.

Lawsuits using the court system can SOMETIMES decrease the time one must wait to receive whatever it is the person wishes to receive.

That said, lawsuits have their own built in inhibitors, too!

You can contact your various elected leaders (mayor, councilperson, state senator, state representative, county representative, governor, US senator, US representative, US president, chief of police or sheriff [or other HIGH ranking agency official], or district attorney) and ask if they will assist one of their constituents in dire need of immediate assistance to avoid intense and permanent financial pain.

Why did the police do that? What were the circumstances? Was the contractor arrested? Was the tenant arrested?

Was the money in cash?

Answer those questions and we'll discuss further.

Tenant pays rent in 2200 monthly. I have lease and past history of payments. Yesterday contractor was doing roof tenant lives in. I'm buying a car tomorrow so instead of waiting for check it bankbtrabsfer from tenant he gave rent in cash to contractor and texted me that he had done so. I immediately confirmed via text to contractor and said in text: be careful with my tenants rent money, I need it for my mortgage and cslb fees and building material.
This was all done hours before the $ was confiscated and documented via text, etc.

Contractor had little brother with him and later but had dropped him at friends house. Then contractor got pulled over. The cops found drugs in car that belonged to little brother (who has known heroin addiction and has criminal history- contractor has no criminal history of drugs) but didn't believe cobtractors story because of $ in cash in his wallet. Cop figured drug $ and took it. Contractor asked them to read his texts to prove it was my $ and he was telling truth, but they didnt. They returned his phone when he was released. They kept the $2200 and now filing to forfeit the money.

I have more than enough proof that $ was mine for rent and legitimate. The DA will not have a chance, but I need the $ because I'm 2 months behind mortgage and need to renew my license for my JOB. I can't wait for the process and need to get my money back asap. Please help with any guidance.

Did you expressly authorize your tenant to give the rent money to the contractor? If so, that was beyond foolish. If I were you, I'd sue the contractor and/or make a claim against the contractor's license bond (although I doubt any bonding company would pay such a claim).

Beyond that, I'm not sure what you mean about attaching other forms to the form you mentioned. The process will take however long it takes, and your apparently insolvency is not a concern for the court.

Let me suggest to you that, if your ability to pay the mortgage is contingent on your tenant making the monthly rental payment, you need to sell the property and get out of the landlord business.

Let me suggest to you that, if your ability to pay the mortgage is contingent on your tenant making the monthly rental payment, you need to sell the property and get out of the landlord business.
I don't disagree at all, but for this OP, the logical immediate resolution would be to wait before buying a car and use that money to cover the shortage this has caused.

instead of waiting for check it bankbtrabsfer from tenant he gave rent in cash to contractor

This is important. Before the tenant gave the contractor the money did you tell the tenant it was OK to give the money to the contractor or did the tenant give the money to the contractor on his own and then text you that he did it?

Back