married to young and now shes gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

memo

Married in vegas at age 17 didnt work couldnt hack it there is a kid but she is mine. As in she atays with me wife is gone to pusue her own goals I guess but I would like to know if I can anull she only stuck around for about a year after marriage and I would like to move on and not think Im still tied to her. In any and all ways can I anull, should I divorce, and what about custody I mean its bean me and my daughter for about a year now. What should I do what can I do and how? Do I really need a lawyer can I afford it should I wait till one of us wants to remarry and needs the divorce?

If you cannot stasy married to this woman or she does not want to stay married to you, please file for divorce. The longer you stay married the bigger chance she has at going after any property or money that you might share.

If you have been taking care of the child, it is important you file for temporary custody.

Your post was hard to understand so I am not 100% sure what is going on, but kids are expensive. If you want custody of the child you have to provide for him or her. If your wife gets custody you will have to pay child support.

A divorce is much easier to get than an annulment, and cheaper so I would go that route.

You probably should get an attorney since there is a child involved. a divorce does not have to cost alot of $$$ if you can get her to agree on everything.

If you have a child together you will have to file for divorce and it is best that you have a lawyer so you are not taken advantage of especially when a child is involved. She left and left the child with you. I guess you're saying that she is not around the child and is doing her own thing. You need to go to court to get legal custody of the child while you pursue a divorce. If she left the child, you can file that she abandoned the child and you as your reason for divorcing. If you don't get legal custody now she can come back anytime, even a year from now, and take the child away. If you don't have much money, check with your local Legal Aid office to see if they can help and tell them that she left the child with you. They are usually backed up with cases but maybe they will help. If you want a divorce, don't wait. Some states require a legal separation of at least 6 months before you can get divorced. You have to file for a legal separation through the courts for it to count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back