Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolie

Hi
I married my boyfriend last year for 2 reasons,
1. i thought he loved me and was faithful and i wanted to marry him
2. he needed his green card
3. he proposed

I know marriages cannot be anulled based on infidelity, but it appears he married me only for his green card. I have physical evidence he was not faithful to me before or after the wedding.

I believe he married me for fraudulent reasons, just to get his green card, while pretending to love me.

Can i get this anulled?
Can you refer me to a lawyer in the SF bay area?
Thx -Green card girl

In most states you do not need a reason to divorce.

Where are you located? you can see just about any family law attorney and file for divorce.

Your right

You have every right to divorce him because he was cheating on you. You have evidence and that should be enough. People do get divorced over the stupidist things, but you have a very good reason to get divorced. If you want the subject to go farther you could probably have his green card revoked. Which country does he come from?

Why do you care what country he is from?

Of course she can divorce him; the question was can she have it annulled.

And if they are divorced, yeah, his green card would be revoked. I'm pretty darn sure. If he was illegal to begin with, he'll get deported for 10 years, if not, well... I'm not sure what happens... but he'll probably have to figure out another way to get residency!!

Jolie-what ever happened? I am in similar situation!!

Just wondering what happened, if I divorce my husband (we have been married for 2 years) will he loose his green card??

green cards and divorce

A divorce doesn't necassarily mean that a green card is revoked. There is a certain amout of time that people have to stay married before a person becomes a legal citizen of a country. I am not sure what the time limit is exactly but if there are marital problems no court is going to say that you have to stay married or risk losing your green card. After all, the United States has a fair court system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back