Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Marijuana possession in National Recreational Area. Law advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvia91

Back in June, I was caught in possession of marijuana at a California National Recreational Area. Several park rangers investigated our camp site because they received calls regarding potential under-aged drinking. They rummaged through my purse and found roughly 3 grams of marijuana. The officer then ticketed me and informed me that I would receive a court notice in the mail.

What should I expect as best/worst case scenarios for conviction? And does the fact that it was in a National Recreational Area mean that I will be convicted on a federal scale?

P.S.
My record contains one convicted DUI for zero tolerance drinking and driving back when I was 18. Will this effect the prosecutor's decision?

Thank you in advance for any advice that you can offer me!

Ask for a court appointed attorney or hire your own.
Once you've secured counsel, ask your counsel these kinds of questions.

The short answer is that prior convictions (especially of similar acts) are taken into consideration for sentencing.

However, you are innocent until proven guilty.

Something to discuss with your attorney.... how did the officer gain access to your purse? Did you give permission to search it? If it was full of weed I highly doubt you would have agreed to a search.... though I have seen some pretty odd things happen before.

Most certainly you did not give express or implied permission to search anything at any time, right??? The officer just helped himself to the purse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back