Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Marijuana arrest

notmyweed

Supposedly I was driving outside of my lane on a road and I was pulled over by an officer who might have been following me for 60 seconds. I told him that there is construction and it is hard to see the lanes. He still had me take a sobriety test which I believe I passed without a problem. The officer said he smelled something although I didn't and he told me he needed to check the car for drugs. He found a very small bag of marijuana in the glove compartment which I didn't know about. I honestly didn't at the time and I have no need to lie here. I was arrested for a very small amount of marijuana possession and a suspected of driving under the influence. I was eventually released and I couldn't figure out how it could have happened. I called a friend who was riding in the car with me the night before when we went out to a party. It turns out it was his little baggie. He put it in the glove compartment and forgot about it because he didn't want to have it on him at the party in case police showed or something else happened. He is a little paranoid. Now I have a problem. What should I do?

Hire yourself a lawyer. No one just talks their way out of an arrest.

What should I do?
Get some better friends.

Seriously, as suggested, you need a criminal defense attorney. The "it's not my dope, it's someone else's" story is about as common as the sun rising at dawn. It ranks right up there with, "I found it and was going to throw it away," and, "These aren't my pants."

Perhaps your friend would be willing to testify at court that he dumped the dope into your car without your knowledge. Have you asked him if he'd take the hit for you?

What did your friend say when you told him you were arrested - did your friend say he would admit in court it was his? ("probably" not) You need to talk to a lawyer.

Back