Medical Malpractice Malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

andnoutlaw

My jurisdiction is: Virginia

In 2007 I accidently stabbed my right knee with an exacto knife. Went to the doctor and had xrays and a mri done to see if any of the knife was left in my knee. Found out that there was a small fragment and I told my doctor that I wanted it taken out because it hurt. Had the surgery and was explained from the doctor that he was more concerned about the bone spur on my knee than the small fragment and that is what he removed. Since then I have developed a disease in my right leg that causes pain like no other pain I've ever experienced in my life. I went back to the doctor and he told me over time it will get better. You'd think after six months I would be better. But it got worse. Going from doctor to doctor to find out what is wrong with me I finally found out that I have what's called Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS Type II). Which means I have to deal with a constant burning, swelling, throbbing pain all day every day and there is nothing that can be done to get rid of this. I can't walk, sit, stand for any length of time because it hurts. I can't wear any of my regurlar clothes or shoes because of the swelling so I'm stuck wearing sweat pants or stretch pants. I have since found out that a friend of mine had complete knee surgery from the same doctor and again is screwed like I am and has to have another knee surgery from another doctor because the first one wasn't done proper. Is there a law suit that I can file against this doctor or can my friend and I file a law suit together for malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back