Making copies of personal checks ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singlemama

My child is going on a trip organized thru school. This trip is organized by other parents. I just found out that the committee members have been xeroxing all the payments made and keeping copies of our checks. Aside from the fact that this seems like an identity theft nightmare.... is it legal?
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I figured it was somewhat bank related.
Thanks for you help.

Last edited:
If you object to their policy report the committee's actions to the principal.

Or, give them a money order and not a check.

Or, pay cash and let them copy pictures of dead men!

But, this could make trouble for your kid.

My child is going on a trip organized thru school. This trip is organized by other parents. I just found out that the committee members have been xeroxing all the payments made and keeping copies of our checks. Aside from the fact that this seems like an identity theft nightmare.... is it legal?
This is not quite an identity theft nightmare but it does beg the question as to whether there is one copy or several copies of these signed checks floating around. It's legal to photocopy someone's driver's license too. It doesn't mean anyone can use the document for more than a reference even though you don't want any more copies floating around than necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back