Criminal Records, Expungement making changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehenryjr

i want to join the military, and i have been told that if i have more than one felony i cant join. i was convicted c felony forgery in 2 countys giving me 2 convictions. i accepted pleas for both cases. my question is: can a judge reverse a conviction or do something of the sort so that i may be able to join? also if the offenses ( cashing fake checks) were done in the same time frame then why was it not considered a crime spree, and the conviction made in only 1 court ( the original arresting county)?

The Army does not care what a court of law may or may not do in your case. If you have even a single felony conviction, the Army will have to waive its normal standards to enlist you. Your chances of getting a waiver depend mainly on whether you have some special skill the Army needs and if you have some compelling evidence or witness to your improved character.

Your best bet would be to attempt to enlist with your criminal record as it is now. You will need a security clearance and those investigators will uncover your criminal history regardless of any expungement you may obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back