Main Pole and the Supporting Pole on my Front Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I currently reside in Hatfield, PA and moved to a new construction house in Nov 2011. There is a main pole with a supporting pole on my front yard. I have tried getting the supporting pole removed and have them fix the main pole, so it wouldn't require any supporting pole. My request was rejected by the Hatfield Borough and then later contacted the Hatfield Senator which he also agreed with the Hatfield Borough's decision.

Their response was:

I spoke with the Hatfield Borough Manager about the utility pole on your property. He explained that this is an engineering problem, not an installation problem.

Because of the placement of the pole, and the weight and directional pull of the utility lines, the pole requires more support that can be provided by the pole alone. To support the pole with guy wires would require their placement in the street and driveway; needless to say this is not practical. This is why the pole has the second support pole.

I regret that we could not bring this to a more visually appealing outcome, but, alas, sometimes engineering trumps aesthetics.

I want to see what can be done in this situation. I really would like to get the supporting pole to be removed somehow.
See the below link to view the pics of the pole on my front yard.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2njycfn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back