Magazine Brokerage trying to collect old debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer100

In the past few days i started recieving calls from what appears to be a collection agency about a debt that I haven't paid on for over 6 years. From what I can glean the statute of limitations on the debt has been exceeded...either 4 or 5 years in Idaho depending on the type of debt. Do they have any recourse?. The caller stated that it was not a debt which confuses me. IF they say I "owe" and are willing to settle can it be anything other than a debt? I have made no commitment to repay in spite of numerous efforts to make me commit during each call.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the situation is. If you dispute the validity of the debt, get the company's address and/or fax and send them your statement that the debt is invalid. You can also make your claim that even if they state it is valid, they still would be barred by the statute of limitations. As such, they should not be calling you. I have no idea of the details but the key here is that it is writing to a collections agency and clearly stating that you dispute the validity of the debt which will stop the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back