Made a joke on chatsite, now worried

Just_Dont_Know

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Was joking around on a chat site called Chat-Avenue & asked :

"What angle do we need to aim the cannon to shoot Mexicans over the wall?"

It was meant to be a stupid joke about people being shot out of a cannon like human cannon balls over Trump's proposed border wall. Was worried if this could somehow be taken out of context as some form of threat or something. It was meant to be a joke about the current admin's immigration policies, and I'd hope that it's intent would be obvious. Do I have anything to worry about, like authorities knocking on my door actually thinking I have a cannon or something?

What angle do we need to aim the cannon to shoot Mexicans over the wall?

Rather obviously, that depends on the height of the wall, the cannon's distance from the wall, the strength of the cannon and the weight of the individual in the cannon.

Was worried if this could somehow be taken out of context as some form of threat or something.

I'm sure it could be.

It was meant to be a joke about the current admin's immigration policies, and I'd hope that it's intent would be obvious.

When I first read it in your post, and without any context, I took it as a racist statement about Mexicans.

Do I have anything to worry about, like authorities knocking on my door actually thinking I have a cannon or something?

Ummm...unless you live in a cartoon world and are posting via some sort of weird interdimensional rift, I don't think anyone is seriously going to believe a person in Kentucky has a cannon that is powerful enough to shoot a human over a wall of any size and into Mexico, which, at it's closest, is nearly 1,000 miles away from any location in Kentucky.

Was joking around on a chat site called Chat-Avenue & asked :

"What angle do we need to aim the cannon to shoot Mexicans over the wall?"

It was meant to be a stupid joke about people being shot out of a cannon like human cannon balls over Trump's proposed border wall. Was worried if this could somehow be taken out of context as some form of threat or something. It was meant to be a joke about the current admin's immigration policies, and I'd hope that it's intent would be obvious. Do I have anything to worry about, like authorities knocking on my door actually thinking I have a cannon or something?

You have the RIGHT to remain silent.

Unless you ADMIT to something, no one can prove YOU posted anything.

Accounts get hacked everyday.

Why, even politicians and celebrities claim their accounts have been hacked.

I don't think anyone is seriously going to believe a person in Kentucky has a cannon that is powerful enough to shoot a human over a wall of any size and into Mexico, which, at it's closest, is nearly 1,000 miles away from any location in Kentucky.

The Acme Company makes them for Wile E Coyote.

Back