made a boo boo and my boss wont pay me what are my options

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnda

i helped out a tax guy for 3 weeks. I hae no tax exp or anything he said he would be checking behind me to make sure things wee done correctly. Anyway, I gave the wrong income tax return check to someone and now he won't pay me for working one of those weeks. I have already been paid for the 2 weeks it is jus the last week. He says he is going to garnish my wages and make me pay the diff of about $1800. I am a Pharmaceutical Rep by day and was just getting some extra money. Can he do that and doesn't he have to pay me for working that week????

Hm, it depends on the details here. If your mistake was unreasonable, then you have to bear the consequences. But if your mistake was reasonable for a person of your background and/or it was actually unreasonable for him to let you do the work for which you were not qualified, it might be him, who is to blame. It could well be that both sides bear some fault and therefore have to compromise. Since this is about a lot of money it might be worth consulting an attorney and have it evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back