antijim

Hi,
I just want somehow to stop these sites like MyForeignBride from sponsering
these young women that feed on the assets of honest men or whoever that
are gullibly seeking companionship.
I recently met a girl from the Philipines who after a mo. of conversing agreed
to come to the US and stay for 1mo. at my ailing mother's house where I live
next door. To help me and then maybe marry. I promised to pay and treat her
as one of the family. So I agreed to her idea of coming on a tourist visa which turned out to be quite complicated. To get her moved from Lloilo to
Manila (supposedly) with Passport, physical, food etc., took 3 installments
totalling $4400.00 to get her ready for the interveiw for her visa. OK, then
there's this issue of "show money" (supposedly $2600.00)that you need at the interview before they will issue her visa. It was all the cash I had left and
that was supposed to be it, Oh, she was good, so I sent it. Alright it was
after dark there and the Western Union in the Mall was closed so she had to
go to an outside Western Union. OK (Supposedly) leaving 2 guys robbed her
of $2000.00. After all the (shock) Now, today, Sept. 21,. I don't know if she
will go to the interview like I asked her or not. We have not been in touch.
(Supposedly) she was going to contact me after the interview. I know it was
stupid on my part but is there a way to catch her? I know her email, her name, and I have her picture. And is there a way to stop this kind of fraud?
I am a 58yr. old disabled American veteran and I wasn't raised to treat people
like that. anti-jim

May I ask how old this young woman was? I can appreciate the way you were raised and how to treat people. But other more judgmental people might question what expectations and motives a 58 year old disabled veteran might have in importing and marrying a young woman. Some might think that part of the problem is not just the women but the men. At age 58, one might question whether you are gullible with regard to love and expectations.

Stuff like this really should be stopped.

Unfortunately there is little we can do but it disgusts me as well. Quite frankly, my feeling is that people should pretend like the girls they are trying to woo (buy) are their own daughters. Do unto others and you would have others do unto your own children. Something tells me there will be very few courts who will have much sympathy. No offense anti-Jim but unless you can change my perspective on this matter, I'm not exactly sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back