lost warranty deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

opa01

Hi,
I own a camping lot in a campground in Missouri that I bought about 20 years ago. I have moved to PA and I am giving the lot to a friend that can use it. My problem is that the Recorder in that county says the warranty deed was never recorded!! I have the letter instructing me to mail the deed to the Recorder but no deed. I believe what happened was that I sent the deed to be recorded but they failed to do so and never returned the deed to me. I originally financed the purchase of the lot and the release of lein IS recorded at that office. Also recorded is a quit-claim deed that I got from my ex-wife when we divorced in 2000. National Developement Corp. (a Texas Corp) was the original owner of the campground and they have gone out of business and the company running the campground now has no clue as to what to do about this. The Recorder's office also has no solution to the problem. There will be no money changing hands in this transaction and the taxes are current. Is it possible for me to have a new warranty deed drawn up transfering this property to my friend? Thanks.

See if the deed recorder will accept the release of lein recorded from the loan people and make you a deed.

Last edited:
See if the deed recorder will accept the release of lein recorded from the loan people and make you a deed.

Recorders of deeds do not practice law...well, they are not supposed to.

You need to go to a Missouri lawyer and you and your spouse, if any, record a deed to yourselves or to your buyers and recite in the deed why you legally own your property.

If the lawyer you want to hire in Missouri has never heard of this, don't hire him.

Call a local title company in the county where the land is and ask them to recommend a lawyer.

(The situation you describe happens a lot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back