Lost or stolen laptop during shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTask

Hello,

I ordered a laptop from an online store. I got it shipped to my company because I am never home during the day, and don't have a car to get it from another location. I order things all the time for my job, and have never had problems. Since I ordered multiple items, they were shipped in 3 separate boxes (2 boxes with accessories, one with the laptop).

I followed the packages online through the tracking number, and on the day it said it was delivered, I went to the loading dock to pick up the packages. Two of the packages were there (the ones with accessories), but not the one with the laptop. It's a fairly small area, and I could not find it anywhere. The shipping supervisor said only those two boxes came in.

However, because the shipping company had his signature for the packages, they said it was delivered and that they had done their job; same for the company I ordered it from. The shipping supervisor at my company said he simply signs for a large amount of boxes (they get dozens at one time).

I asked the shipping company for proof that he signed for it, and they sent me through e-mail his signature. I was wondering, what can I do? I'm out a lot of money, and am pretty desperate as I didn't have a lot to start with.

Thanks for any help.

[edit] By the way, I've just filed a police report about this on the advice from the company I bought the computer from.

Have you mentioned the incident to your company's loss and prevention department? If not, file a complaint. Inform them that the supervisor had signed for the boxes (show them the screenshot with the trackings and the signature from him) and request if they can verify videotapes for the receivings from that day as well as checking the company's internal reports used to keep track of what was received at the warehouse that day. Tell the loss and prevention team that you have already filed a police report.

Now, the question that comes to mind is: did you take insurance on the products? If yes, consider filing a claim.

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that since this was a personal package, the company says it has no liability, so I can't really file anything.

As for insurance, I have with my credit card, but in looking through the plan, it looks like it might not be covered since it seems that it was lost through "negligence of another party". I've filed a claim anyway.

Right now, it seems all I can do is try to take the actual shipping supervisor to a small claims court, but I don't know how that will work out.

Then file in SCC and send with your claim copies of all the evidence you have so the magistrate can rule fairly. Hopefully, it will be in your favor. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back