Long Term Health Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

insurance

My mother used her long term benefits when she was diagnosed with cancer. She needed home health assistance and used her daughters as her care givers which was approved by the insurance company. Check were issued to my mother and not paid to daughters. We chose not to get paid and let her keep the money. Now, because she did not pay us the insurance company wants her to reimburse all the money paid for the year! What do we do?

My mother used her long term benefits when she was diagnosed with cancer. She needed home health assistance and used her daughters as her care givers which was approved by the insurance company. Check were issued to my mother and not paid to daughters. We chose not to get paid and let her keep the money. Now, because she did not pay us the insurance company wants her to reimburse all the money paid for the year! What do we do?

You can cooperate with the insurance company, and avoid criminal charges.

After all, you never took a dime, mom kept it ALL.

Mom's very ill, perhaps she'll peacefully expire before this gets out of control, and all will be well.

Or, it's not a crime to give your earnings away.

So, you could say, you were paid, returned the money to mom; because you wanted to make her final days comfortable.

Tell that story, even mean insurance investigators will tear up.

Heck, I'm wiping away a tear as I tap this.

If the long term ins. agreement was that benefits would be payable because home health assistance was required by Mother & the benefits were to be used to pay caregivers, there "could" be a problem here.

However; I agree with army judge & would talk to the ins. co. & see if something can't be worked out. Good luck.

I agree that is what actually should be done but maybe the ins. co. might give a bit if someone calls & talks to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back