Lojack and Extended warranty on my new car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluskills

Hey everyone,
I'm a first timer so sorry in advance if this has been covered already

I purchased my new car on Dec 29th, and with it, the dealership sold me an extended warranty and a lojack system.
I was charged $2700 for the extended warranty (7 yr/70k full warranty) and $2780 for the Lojack (with the early warning system and purchase protection)...

The next day I did some research and realized those prices were much higher than I should've paid and I found a different Acura dealership willing to give me the same warranty for $1100 and the Lojack for $1140. I went to the dealership to cancel the lojack and warranty (if they couldnt match/beat the other price quotes I got) and they said I could cancel the warranty, but not the lojack. I have NOT had the lojack installed yet, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but they say legally I am not allowed to cancel it.

They are willing to drop $1000 off each if I stay with them, but I'd still be losing out almost $1500 on what I could pay through the other dealership.

My question is - Should I legally be able to cancel the lojack if I haven't even had it installed yet?

Thanks!!

Maluskills said:
Hey everyone,
I'm a first timer so sorry in advance if this has been covered already

I purchased my new car on Dec 29th, and with it, the dealership sold me an extended warranty and a lojack system.
I was charged $2700 for the extended warranty (7 yr/70k full warranty) and $2780 for the Lojack (with the early warning system and purchase protection)...

The next day I did some research and realized those prices were much higher than I should've paid and I found a different Acura dealership willing to give me the same warranty for $1100 and the Lojack for $1140. I went to the dealership to cancel the lojack and warranty (if they couldnt match/beat the other price quotes I got) and they said I could cancel the warranty, but not the lojack. I have NOT had the lojack installed yet, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but they say legally I am not allowed to cancel it.

They are willing to drop $1000 off each if I stay with them, but I'd still be losing out almost $1500 on what I could pay through the other dealership.

My question is - Should I legally be able to cancel the lojack if I haven't even had it installed yet?

Thanks!!
I don't know the terms of your deal. At this point contract is done and they don't have to cancel it. Then again, take a look very carefully at the terms of your contract. Some of them do have cancellation terms EVEN THOUGH the salesman will tell you that they don't. At this point it's a moot issue but I hope you were able to get at least the discount or read the terms. In some instances there is a cancellation period which federal law provides you for "pressure sales" -- unfortunately this "cooling off" period does NOT usually apply to cars you purchase on the lot and usually not for the additional items either. It typically applies to people who sell at your home, door to door pressure sales. But as always, check the contract! Hope all worked out well for you.

Lojack cancellation

So I think I'm in a similar situation, I just bought a use car this past weekend and received 100,000 mile warranteed on the car, and also lojack and second anti theft device. The car was only suppose to cost only 14,400 after tax, but it ended costing close to 18,000.
100,000 mile warrantee cose 1750 when the car is already at 55,000
lojack and anti-theft device cost additional 1500
and other little misc. stuff.
They said I may cancel the warrantee but the lo-jack couldn't cancel. Even those it hasn't even been install yet. Is that even possible! I mean has it been done before that people can have the right to cancel their low-jack product when is not yet install?

I don't know but what's the holdup with the installation of the lowjack? If there hasn't been delivery within a reasonable period of time, perhaps there is reason for cancellation. I don't know the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back