Visitor, Guest Lodger aggressively occupying apartment without the landlord/tenants consent.

appurtenant

Jurisdiction
California
The title reflects my situation for a year and a quarter and ongoing today. How you might ask. Well during the introduction of this person in my front door through a neighborhood acquaintance. I was coerced into allowing the person inside my apartment. I cant leave my apartment unattended 48 hours passed the person was still in my apartment and the acquaintance is no where to be found or contacted. Once the person wakes up we both join efforts to find the acquaintance. No luck. The person leaves on their own late that afternoon. 12 hours later while I was asleep I get a knock on the door in the middle of the night by the same person and let themselves in. The person began rambling about not having anywhere to go for the night. While in my sleepy state of mind I allowed the person to sleep in the living room. I then turned off the lights and entered my room. I haven't been able to get the person out of my house since January 8th 2015. I can't work, I don't feel safe, and I am beginning to believe that I am developing a mental disorder because of these ongoing events. This person is using their rights corruptly while defaming me for their actions. I don't know what to do I've been verbally threatened, mentally and physically abused and violated. I am renting a garage converted habitable for me by my parents. Me and my family have suffered a great ordeal since this dilemma began. My entire family was threatened to me if I told the police. I am petrified even for writing this and considering publishing this. Please help anyone I can't go on like this any longer. Their will be justice for this type of terrorism. I've recently been blessed with credit which has allowed me to invest in a home indoor and outdoor surveillance system with motion recording. I am currently experiencing mixed feelings of Stockholm syndrome and sympathy. Any suggestions on keeping my neighbors, family and self safe. Please advise!

You admitted the bully to your home.
Now, the ONLY legal way to get him out is to file an eviction action with the court in your county.
Google "EVICTION YOUR COUNTY CA" and you'll eventually discover how it's done and where it's done.

Expect the process to take from six to twelve weeks, give ir take, assuming you do everything perfectly.

Good luck.

So you let some stranger into your home and allowed them to stay? Some random person knocks on my door in the middle of the night, I ignore them, or call the police, not invite them to live with me. It is unclear how you let this go for so long but you will now have to follow the formal eviction procedure for your state.

Back