local parking authority blocked my car in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

while they were waiting to put a boot on my wheel for outdated tickets that i did not know about, im in wv. do they have the authority to stand behind my car and not let me leave, thats what they did. wouldnt that be entrapment?

ekim said:
while they were waiting to put a boot on my wheel for outdated tickets that i did not know about, im in wv. do they have the authority to stand behind my car and not let me leave, thats what they did. wouldnt that be entrapment?

No, it would not be entrapment or "unlawful imprisionment" where someone is held against their will. I'm guessing that what happened will not aid you in your case to get back your car.
Entrapment is when someone is induced and provoked to commit a crime by law enforcement for the purposes of bringing charges against that person.

well these guys stood right behind my car and told me i could not leave, then i back up probly 5 feet thinking they would move and then they called the cops and said i hit them both with my car. its a bunch of bs. how can they get by with this. they even threatened to spray me with pepper spray. what the hell, when did meter maids get such authrority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back