Consumer Law, Warranties Loan Max broke their own contract

Twncty

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I went to a cash for title loan place. Long story short I gave them their uncashed check back but they already sent my title in. In the contract it says I have until the closing on the next business day to rescind and give them their full amount which I complied with 100%. Well now I have no title to my own car. Is there anything I can do? I could of sold my car today if I had the title so now I'm out 1,000 because I have no title.

I went to a cash for title loan place. Long story short I gave them their uncashed check back but they already sent my title in. In the contract it says I have until the closing on the next business day to rescind and give them their full amount which I complied with 100%. Well now I have no title to my own car. Is there anything I can do? I could of sold my car today if I had the title so now I'm out 1,000 because I have no title.

If things are you recite, you could probably sue the company in your state's small claims court for the value of the loan, maybe the car..

In the contract it says I have until the closing on the next business day to rescind and give them their full amount which I complied with 100%.

When you brought the check back and asked for your title, what did they say?

And why haven't you gone to the DMV for a duplicate title?

I could of sold my car today if I had the title so now I'm out 1,000 because I have no title.

You're not out anything because you still have your car.

Frankly, I don't see you winning a lawsuit over this.

If a lien has already been recorded, then they will get a new title which they can sign off and release back to you. Or they can give you a lien release document and you can take that to the DMV and get a new title.

Back