Living life in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

americanmadewmn

I am the current wife. My husband has two children with his previous wife. They share joint custody. She has been out of the home for over a year now and just recently asked for something that has been in the home, so we gave it to her because there is no reason to put the children threw this. My husband seems to be a little Leary about changing something on his divorce papers. He is OK with the visitation. Is there a stipulation where he can file to have his time with his kids, without being harassed ect. When the children are not here us not being harassed by pity stuff from her mother and her. Just trying to find some balance in all this and hoping someone has a little insight on this.:)

Hmmm... I don't quite follow your question.
However, if there is a problem then he should address it with her directly. If they can't come to an agreement, then use the family court to alter any existing agreement as necessary. That is what the mediators are for.

is there some kinds paper that can be filed so she respects his parenting time with his kids, and while they are away she respects his life?

is there some kinds paper that can be filed so she respects his parenting time with his kids, and while they are away she respects his life?

If she calls when it is his parenting time, he shouldn't answer the phone. If she denys his parenting time he should file contempt.

Even when he has the children, she is still entitled "reasonable" to access to them if she wants to call. More than once during the day would be unreasonable to me. These days a good option is to provide the children a cheap cellular phone so that mom can contact them at any time, and the phone can be turned off when necessary.

yes it is necessay for their children to have contact during parenting time. On our days we encourage it. So we have our time with the kids on our time with them allowing to call her at night as it states in the court papers. When she has the kids she is always contacting him about pety stuff left in the house ect. So we are harrasssed by her mother and her and doing whats best we just allow them to get whatever they "claim" is theirs. We just want to be able to have time with the kids which we do, and our time when the kids arn't here without the harrassment. Wasn't sure if there was something we could do as far as being harrassed ect. I realize its a violation, but does that even hold up in court. Or it pretty much a slap on the hand don't do it again?

Ok, I understand now...

No, there is no violation of anything here. If you don't want her calling when the kids aren't there then the best you can do is ask her nicely to knock it off. She is not violating any order or committing any crime by making the phone calls.

Learn to live with it. When she realizes it isn't bothering you she will quit. The Bible says love your enemies and it will be like heaping coals of fire on their head. Try it. I love that you are saying, take what you want! That is the exact right answer. Don't sweat the small stuff and most everything is small stuff. Good luck.

Yes I absolutely agree with the last comment. Eventually by ignoring it, it will go away. Its been a year and I am hoping that one day it will stop.

Is it necessary for the mother's, mother to be harassing my husband. This really dosen't pertain to her or anything. It seems to always be something. We just wanna live our life in peace, as we allow her to. In the court papers it does mention that each party is to respect the others privacy and life. That is actually a violation. Thats why I was wondering if we can find her in contempt for that over the many more things that have been violated.

You can file for contempt. The question is: do you really want to stir that pot of sh*t?

Ya not sure I wanna or he does.

My next question... and this is not something taken lightly for me myself as I am a mother of three children. My step son has come here and two ocassions with marks, we had him the weekend before last. When he took his shirt off he had a mark a hickey type grab mark. We did a police report. There is also a picture of when she slapped him and brought him to our house.

This is my husbands children I try and support him, but when is enough enough. The abuse and the kids being mentaily put thru stuff on her end. Isn't that grounds for possible full custody?

One incident no, two no, but somewhere between 2 and 20 depending on the severity absolutely. (I pulled 20 out of thin air it's not meant to be any sort of benchmark just the idea). The more times it is documented or the more severe times you can show the more likely a Judge will restrict or eliminate the child going where he is suffering abuse.

By the way, the Judge isn't saying that once isn't enough, he/she is just saying that there are always more sides to the story. So one incident of unexplained marks, or marks explained by a kid from his side of the fence is not enough.

I've seen children with 9 broken ribs that are unexplained (a baby). That was plenty to not only take the child but terminate the Mother's rights period. I voted for summary execution but no one would listen to me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back