Corporate Law List of Projects: Construction Company Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightBuilding

Hi,

I have recently started a construction/general contracting company, and in an effort to provide an effective website and marketing material and to illustrate my extensive experience, I am looking for an answer regarding what projects I can list as my own.

I have been a Project Manager for various other construction companies for the past 12 years and have completed dozens of projects during this time frame.

Am I legally permitted to list projects that I completed, while at other companies, as projects completed by Eight Building Group (Sole Proprietorship)? Since the company is not a corporation, would it be reasonable to list the projects I completed as an individual, but on my company's website. If so, would I have to disclose any further information?

I hope that my question makes some sense and look forward to any and all replies.

Thanks in advance.

You really need to consult with a Canadian attorney familiar with business law. The forum tends to focus only on US law and since the US laws can vary drastically from state to state (and then there's Tribal law and Federal law, too!) it really wouldn't do any good to give you a "well this is how it would work in this state" response.

After seeing the post again, I will comment further.

What you're intending to do will likely up with you being on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

After seeing the post again, I will comment further.

What you're intending to do will likely up with you being on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

Thank you for your reply and taking the time to review my question. Under no circumstances have I done this, nor would I, without the proper information. This was the reason for my question.

I agree that Proserpina is most likely correct re being sued (based on what you posted) but you are certainly free to run your situation by a Canadian attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back