Assault & Battery Likelihood of having adjudication withheld?

statikflame

I was recently arrested for a bar fight which resulted in a misdemeanor battery charge. I was not taken to jail and was released with a citation and a court date. I've had two other misdemeanor charges which both resulted in nolle prosequi, one for riding a motorcycle without endorsement, and one for driving an unregistered vehicle. Both of these were several years ago. Seeing as this was my first ever violent offence, I'm hoping best case scenario, I'll be offered pre-trial intervention, or at the very least a withholding of adjudication and probation.

So I have two questions, one, does this seem likely given the circumstances? And two, from what I've researched, as long as they withhold adjudication, I should be able to apply to have the record sealed, correct? Or will the prior misdemeanors, even though the charges were dropped, effect my eligibility to have the record sealed?

Thank you

I was recently arrested for a bar fight which resulted in a misdemeanor battery charge. I was not taken to jail and was released with a citation and a court date. I've had two other misdemeanor charges which both resulted in nolle prosequi, one for riding a motorcycle without endorsement, and one for driving an unregistered vehicle. Both of these were several years ago. Seeing as this was my first ever violent offence, I'm hoping best case scenario, I'll be offered pre-trial intervention, or at the very least a withholding of adjudication and probation.

So I have two questions, one, does this seem likely given the circumstances? And two, from what I've researched, as long as they withhold adjudication, I should be able to apply to have the record sealed, correct? Or will the prior misdemeanors, even though the charges were dropped, effect my eligibility to have the record sealed?

Thank you

You should discuss your options with your defense lawyer or public defender.
They are in the best position to know exactly what the courts in area do.
All I know is I've seen people with greater charges get adjudication withheld, or expungment.
You're running our of TRUMP cards. I suggest you mellow out, because sooner or later you'll be considered a one man crime wave.

Agree that you need to ask your questions of your lawyer or public defender. He/she will go over your options with you.

Back