Light injury accident (other party at fault)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
California
So a few days ago I had an accident with a driver turning left across two lanes of traffic so they could get into opposite traffic. I was traveling around 40mph (speed limit) and there is a clear view at least 1,000ft down the road from where she pulled out.

I have cam footage (Thank God for dash cams!) of the accident. She pulled out a little, stalled or hesitated, and didn't even try to stop when she heard my screeching tires or honk.

She initially tried to blame me but after showing her the cam footage she immediately became apologetic. Again I'm on the main road. No stop sign or anything for me.

She had at least 1,000ft of viewable space for either side of traffic. Her windows are tinted too much so I can't get a good look to see if she was distracted by something like a phone.

A day or so after the accident my knee and hip are giving me problems. I slammed my knee against the area underneath the steering wheel from the force of the accident. Today it's been a lot worse. Sharp, shooting pain in hip and my knee has been twitching/tight. I was thrown towards the upper left of the car when the collision happened and seatbelt did its work. Insurance companies know about this.

The Dr we normally go to won't charge either insurance up front. They want cash or credit because they say it's a very grey area when it comes to who needs to pay for it.

I've also had to cancel 2 work shifts because of the pain. And when I do drive the knee acts up again.

I don't want to take anyone to court over something like this. She admitted fault to her insurance company in front of a cop and me over the phone. With the insurance company covering repairs, the only thing I'm concerned about are my hip and knee.

If need be, what are my options? I'm not someone to normally complain about pain.

Your options are to get yourself treated and pay for it as best you can and then file the claim against the other driver's insurance company when you are fully recovered and can quantify your damages.

Her insurance company is not going to "pay as you go."

There's no other way to do it. If your injuries get exacerbated because you failed to get treatment you don't get any money for that.

Check your own auto policy and see if you have Medical Payments Coverage. If you do, you can get reimbursed for some of your medical bills up to the Medical Payments Coverage limit.

So a few days ago I had an accident with a driver turning left across two lanes of traffic so they could get into opposite traffic. I was traveling around 40mph (speed limit) and there is a clear view at least 1,000ft down the road from where she pulled out.

I have cam footage (Thank God for dash cams!) of the accident. She pulled out a little, stalled or hesitated, and didn't even try to stop when she heard my screeching tires or honk.

She initially tried to blame me but after showing her the cam footage she immediately became apologetic. Again I'm on the main road. No stop sign or anything for me.

She had at least 1,000ft of viewable space for either side of traffic. Her windows are tinted too much so I can't get a good look to see if she was distracted by something like a phone.

A day or so after the accident my knee and hip are giving me problems. I slammed my knee against the area underneath the steering wheel from the force of the accident. Today it's been a lot worse. Sharp, shooting pain in hip and my knee has been twitching/tight. I was thrown towards the upper left of the car when the collision happened and seatbelt did its work. Insurance companies know about this.

The Dr we normally go to won't charge either insurance up front. They want cash or credit because they say it's a very grey area when it comes to who needs to pay for it.

I've also had to cancel 2 work shifts because of the pain. And when I do drive the knee acts up again.

I don't want to take anyone to court over something like this. She admitted fault to her insurance company in front of a cop and me over the phone. With the insurance company covering repairs, the only thing I'm concerned about are my hip and knee.

If need be, what are my options? I'm not someone to normally complain about pain.

I not too smart, but I get by because I ask questions when my inferior intellect fails to understand hard stuff.

Are you saying the pain isn't bad enough YET to force you to spend YOUR money to get relief?

Even an inferior intellect says to me, I'd pay to get better, even if I never got reimbursed.

So, is this "doctor" that demands CASH IN ADVANCE (like I hear prostitutes or drug dealers do) a chiropractor?

Heck, even I know to see an MD or DO when my health is in jeopardy.

If my pain was to get real bad at 2:00AM on a Saturday morning, I'd just ride my sister's old bicycle over to ER, or beg my nice neighbor, Mr. Ronnie Joe for a ride.

I not too smart, but I get by because I ask questions when my inferior intellect fails to understand hard stuff.

Are you saying the pain isn't bad enough YET to force you to spend YOUR money to get relief?

Even an inferior intellect says to me, I'd pay to get better, even if I never got reimbursed.

So, is this "doctor" that demands CASH IN ADVANCE (like I hear prostitutes or drug dealers do) a chiropractor?

Heck, even I know to see an MD or DO when my health is in jeopardy.

If my pain was to get real bad at 2:00AM on a Saturday morning, I'd just ride my sister's old bicycle over to ER, or beg my nice neighbor, Mr. Ronnie Joe for a ride.

So, you don't have Health Insurance, huh? Like the kind that allows you to go to the doctor and pay a minimal co-payment? If not, perhaps you can go to an Attorney, who will take your case on Contingency and provide a doctor who will put a lien on your settlement.

Now-days, it is getting increasingly hard to find an Attorney to accept a case unless the injuries are more serious than soft tissue type injuries, so I wish you luck on getting your medical issues taken care of!

Sorry I responded to your post, Army Judge. My post was in response to Deliverydriver. ;)

So, you don't have Health Insurance, huh? Like the kind that allows you to go to the doctor and pay a minimal co-payment? If not, perhaps you can go to an Attorney, who will take your case on Contingency and provide a doctor who will put a lien on your settlement.

Now-days, it is getting increasingly hard to find an Attorney to accept a case unless the injuries are more serious than soft tissue type injuries, so I wish you luck on getting your medical issues taken care of!

Sorry I responded to your post, Army Judge. My post was in response to Deliverydriver. ;)

No worries, it's the thought that counts! :) ;)

No worries, it's the thought that counts! :) ;)

I do have health/medical insurance. Sorry I should have clarified that :) but apparently it's our Drs policy to not handle car accident injuries or she just didn't want to deal with them. I called a family friend who was a lawyer and they said that my Drs should have been able to take our insurance.

The office also said they would have to bill us credit/cash upfront and then once things got cleared up, bill the other insurance.

Let's just say I'm not too happy right now. Stiff knee and shooting pain in my hips. If people would like to see the type of accident that happened, I'll post a YouTube link if that's allowed. Right now it's not being posted for the insurance repair reasons.

But she did absolutely nothing to stop or even slow down or look at me I guess.

If she had continued to blame me when the officer was there, I might have taken it to court. But as I've said before thank God for dash cams. So hopefully this entire situation can be cleared up by the end of this week. My insurance knows about the cam footage but hasn't asked for it, probably because she admitted fault over the phone in front of me.

How can I get a Drs or urgent care to accept our medical insurance for a car accident injury?

How can I get a Drs or urgent care to accept our medical insurance for a car accident injury?

You call around until you find one.

Or, use your regular doctor and your credit card and submit the paid bill to your insurance for reimbursement.

Although, I'd be finding myself another doctor after that arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back