Lifetime medical isnt lifetime???

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkaneinc

hey this is my first post and hopefully this is in the right place....

I just recently won my workmans comp case and i was awarded $200,000 plus lifetime medical. I am recieving $800 a month and my medicine ($2500 a month) is being taken care of for the most part. Every month i have to fight with my lawyer to get the medicine that they said they would pay for.

Anyways long story short my lawyer and workmans comp are trying to cash out my lifetime medical for a $75,000 settlement when they originally said it would be close to $500,000. My medicine alone would eat up the $75,000 after a few years. I was also told that Workmans Comp (AARLA in this state) would drop me before i was 65 and that I have no choice but to sign the compramise and release. I was under the impression that Lifetime medical would take care of me till unleast 65.

I think that my lawyer is trying to get the best of me. Can someone help with providing some sort of advice..

thanks.....

Mike

Mike, I'm at a loss to understand why your attorney would be trying to close out your medical coverage for $75,000. Your attorney is ethically obligated to act in your best interests. Have you asked him WHY he thinks this is a good idea?

If you don't think your attorney is properly representing you, then you should consult with another WC attorney asap.

I agree, if the cost for medicine are that high it doesn't make sense to settle for that amount. Either there is much more to that case or you should consult another attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back