Life insurance policies vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

scammedbyfamily

My Father & Mother passed (unexpectedly) just a few months apart. My Father had 1 life insurance policy, my Mother had 2 life insurance policies. One of my 2 sisters was named conservator. The policies came up missing and both sisters claim they know nothing about them. I tried contacting the Insurance companies, but they will only give information to the conservator. I do not have any policy numbers because my sisters took every piece of paper (legal and otherwise) from my Father's office and the attorney which handled the disposition says there is nothing he can do and I need to take the issue up with my sister. There is no doubt my sisters split the money, but I cannot get anywhere with the insurance companies to show/prove they did so. Any advise would be appreciated.

You will need an attorney to obtain a subpoena to force the insurance company to revel that information to you.
That might not be possible, because a judge must be given reasons why such a subpoena should issue.
I suggest Yiu visit with a couple attorneys and where this might go.
The initial visit is often free, and you'll get a good handle on whether a remedy is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back